- 10 dozen eggs available from January to September. One dozen at a time.
- Receive bi-monthly newsletters (includes recipes, information about agriculture and poultry, and links to poultry related events)
You can still support the program by visiting our donation page and choosing a category to support. You can Adopt-A-Rooster or choose to fund program staples such as egg cartons, feed, shavings, vaccines, bio-security supplies and even a new nest! When you make a donation, you will be added to our supporter list and receive bi-monthly newsletters, participate in supporter events and enjoy all the perks except the eggs. Most importantly, your financial contribution helps preserve the genetics of our rare heritage birds and keeps our program alive and well. Thank you!
Join our Notification List to learn when the Heritage Egg Program opens up again next year.
- Registration opens in late November.
- Register and pay for the egg program.
- If it becomes full, you may join our Notification mailing list.
- The cost is a one-time payment of $200 or $120 + GST.
- The program begins in January and ends in September. Eggs can be picked up at Alberta Chicken Producers Poultry Technology Centre (ACPPTC) located at 6003 118st NW, South Campus, University of Alberta.